8.15.2008

Top 3's



JOYS

1. My family

a. my parents - they are amazing people who I adore! You could never find people that are so willing to do what they know is right! I am very proud to say that my parents are both still my best friends.

b. all my in laws - I totally scored! I lived with Jon's parents for 9 months when he was gone during the week and only home on weekends. They were amazing and the least "meddling" of any in laws you can imagine. My mother and sister in law were truly my angels through that time in our lives. And all my other sis and bro in laws are amazing. At all family gatherings it is a blast!

c. my husband. I literally couldn't breath without him. He is my rock and I am who I am because he was a good enough man to love such a crazy girl:) He has always been so sensitive to my shortcomings but has never let me give up on strengthening them. He gives the balance to our lives and I love him with all my heart!
2. Chocolate
3. Mexican food - when I use to work in Ceritos California all my Mexican friends would tease me that I ate more Mexican than they did. I love anything with a tortilla or tortilla chips!

Fears
1. That Jon will die. I replay it over and over again on how anyone could actually react to that. When things like that happen you literally have no choice but to cope but I honestly can not figure out how I would go on.
2. That I will have a seizure while I'm driving with my kids in the car (do i need elaborate?)
3. That I am not teaching/parenting my children the way I "should" I honestly wish there was a right way but I know that with every child it is different and that just plain sucks that you can't apply "one size fits all" to parenting (heaven forbid we have to do a little creative brainstorming!)

Current Obsessions/Collections
1. books - I am my mother's daughter! I read books on how to parent, how to be more spiritual, biographies, novels etc..... I pretty much just love to read!
2. Lunchables - I love how convenient they are. Especially during the summer when we are either at a friend's pool, at the rec center pool, or at the water park. And the new jr. lunchables are so cute!
3. The new SuperTarget! I have seen Amanda Parker almost every time I go! It cracks me up when I hear my name being yelled from across the store. That place rocks and the carts "ride like a dream" :)

Surprising Facts
1. I have a tattoo (and for those that have seen it, not so much of a "surprise"
2. I have epilepsy
3. I don't know what my "style" is for home decorating or clothing. I am so eclectic when it comes to most anything that half the time I just go with it b/c I can't decide. There are so many different styles to admire, why limit it!?

ie: the entertainment center. I love it but I was really nervous b/c it wasn't quite "my style". Or was it? Now I adore it and I'm so happy we got that one. Seriously, if it wasn't for Jon I would never make a decision!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Our loves and fears are quite alike, but I do have to share one thing. Father in Heaven sends us the children He does knowing we can take care of them and teach them best. Ethan has been really hard for me, not that I don't love him. I love hum SO much, but I have asked Father why He sent me someone I couldn't handle and the very gentle and loving reply was that he was sent to me because I could handle him. Anyway, it probably won't diminish the fear much, but maybe it will and I felt I should post it! (I just talk too much I know!)

Courtney said...

Oh, Summer, I just love you (always have)! You are such a fun person! It was way fun to read about you and learn a few new things (I'm totally obsessed with Mexican food, too!).
Can't wait to see you in October!!

Brandy said...

Summer, I love Super Target and I haven't lived near one since Utah. Oh, and I'm with you on the lunchables and the decorating, too!! Miss ya!

Unknown said...

Thanks for doing this. These always make for a fun read.

Ashby Family said...

It was fun reading all this about you ; ) Hey can you e-mail me how to set up a fire station tour? My home e-mail is ashby.home@gmail.com or you can go to my preschool website and e-mail through the contact me. Thanks!

Cansas said...

Hey Summer! I've been out of the blogging world for a while. Anyway, I love the entertainment Center! Jason took Gavin to Clone Wars and Gavin has not stopped playing light saber fights since he got home. He loved it!! Oh, and I liked Breaking Dawn, although I would never let my teenage daughter read it....maybe at 17??

Becky said...

Cute Blog Summer! We call the carts at the new target "fancy carts" I really do like them but I wonder about how long they will keep their niceness, we shall see! I was so excited that they built that and I AM SO EXCITED about the CHILI'S that will be there soon! I wish we could convince Cafe Rio to open one there, what do you think?!!!