We almost might be potty trained. He has finally decided that he can go pee on his own with out being told. We are hoping the poop part is next. I bought Star Wars unerwear in hopes of inspiration. Keep your fingers crossed!
And then there is Lucie who ALWAYS wants to sit on the potty. I even hesitated thinking it b/c it might make her say it. She always wants a wipe in her hand and wipes herself. It is a little annoying & cute at the same time. I mean who really wants to potty train 2 kids (sorry Kandice this really is your fate!)? But I try not to discourage her & once Max is all done, do I really dare venture into potty training a 19 month old?




14 comments:
YES go for it. They say when they show interest do it. I think while Lucie is watching Max she might just catch on. Think about it..... no diapers... Nice ring huh?!
Sadie does the same thing too and always wants to sit on the toilet and pull her pants down and wipe. I tell her- Learn to talk and then you can go potty! If you can't tell me you can't go. She goes to the bathrooms all day pulling her pants down-- it is driving me nuts!
Ahhh... potty training! It's a love/hate thing for me. It's great to have no more diapers, but annoying to actually train them! If Lucie's that interested I say go for it! Just get it over with! I bet she'll do great... they do say it's easier to train girls than boys.
I totally believe kids potty train themselves! When you least expect it, they will do great. When you want them to, absolutely forget it!!!
I'll bet Lucie will catch on fast. You do know, however, that she will first go through the
"I want to stand up like the boys do!" phase. Plan on a few tinkles on the floor (and elsewhere) like outside and on the back lawn... :)
I really enjoy reading your blog! I thot you told me about it at Mom's funeral but maybe it was Debbie. Anyway I have been following it ever since then. That is when I started mine. I am plum out of pictures right now so I can't think of anything to add to mine but I will soon! And, of course you are my fav!!! Just don't tell anyone or I will have to deny it... Love you lots, Cindy
I totally say go for it too! How lucky would you be to have all three potty trained!!! I don't believe I'll ever know what that feels like!
I love all your vacations pictures! What a blast. You two are so darling!
I can't believe how big lucy is. She was just born!!! These kids are growing faster and faster each year.
So... about not commenting too much on your blog. My computer has a hard time with blogs that have music or extras on the side. That is why sometimes it is hard for me to comment when I am on my computer. But when I have Bryant's laptop it is way easier. So that's my excuse. Sorry, for the lack of comments. I still love ya though!
Good luck with the potty training. Keep us posted!!!
oh potty training joys! i'm dreading child #3 so props to you!!!
okay...what a totally awesome vacation you just had with jon!!!! i'm so jealous! i really want to go on another honeymoon with james sometime...it would be so much fun! i am so glad for you guys that you had this opportunity! how lucky! what a gorgeous place! wow!!!
thanks for your comment on my blog. honestly baby #3 has changed me b/c he almost didn't make it so i have been extremely grateful for my kids...& remember your friend who had their child drown? those kinds of stories hit me & consume my brain constantly, so i don't ever want to take this time with them for granted. and over christmas vacation i just decided that i really want to be friends with my kids & i want us to create bonds that will last forever. i don't want to look back & realize i spent the entire day on the computer or doing things I wanted to do just b/c i needed time to myself. i decided i want this time with my kids to be our time so we're going to have fun together. that's not to say it's always been like this or that i won't have crazy days...i just wake up thinking i want today to be awesome with my kids...what can we do? i also have let go of so many of my OCDs...my house is a wreck all the time...i clean up after they are in bed but i try to make it fun when i help them clean up, too, so they can learn responsibility. i think also that i decided that i want to be emotionally/physically/mentally available to my kids everyday as soon as they wake up so that when they are teenagers they'll know i am always here for them. is that helpful at all? don't be too hard on yourself...you're doing the best you can with what you know...i've learned so much along the way & have finally come to this place in my life, you know? how many years has it been? little james' first year was HELL for me! i barely even remember it! isn't that so sad? so just know you're doing awesome & just try to love each day/moment with your children b/c before you know it they are so old! okay...enough on the marathon comment! loved getting caught up on your blog! love all the pics! miss you!
No, it is not too wide for my computer. I do have to scroll to the side, but its just for a few things. It looks good.
First, those pictures from Mexico are gorgeous!! it sounds like you had so much fun. And second, I think I need to jump on the potty training bandwagon with Shawn. I just haven't been quite ready for it yet. Good luck with that pooping thing! =)
Kay, not jealous of potty training. But so jealous of your Mexico trip! I didn't even know you guys were going? It looks like you had a blast, though! And as far as the Laurels advisor thing goes, if you ever need ideas, let me know. I love my calling.. Wouldn't trade it for anything (especially boy scouts.. that is one that I would say not only no, but..h no.). I actually just got called to stake camp, too! Holy cow. If you ever want some good websites, or if you have some you love, let me know!
OH!! I am so nervous to have a baby. We have been out of diapers for awhile and now I am getting back into it! I say go for it. How awesome to be done with diapers! When did we all grow up. I remember Hunter at Lucy's age!! Lucy is adorable!
Yay!! Poop took FOR EVER with Carlie, but Claire had it all figured out pretty quick. Heck, if Lucie wants to pee on the potty, go for it! Just think! the sooner she gets it the sooner you can stop buying diapers! woohoo!
Are you taking the kids to the park this week?
The website is http://www.simplifysupper.com/
It is the one that has a calendar for dinner each day and then a shopping list of what to buy for the week.
Totally forgot about the 72 hour kit thing! oops! Maybe i'll just come and have lunch ... We are heading up to Brianhead on Thursday. When is the duck feeding in BC?
YES YES YES! she will get it if you encourage it! potty train NOW!!!
i can't believe she is so old? wow!
Well, I've heard girls are quicker at learning the potty thing. Maybe it's true and she'll just potty train herself! And how cool to have no kids in diapers! I say if she wants to, go for it!
Xander has been potty trained for about a month now, but over the last couple of days, he's been wetting the bed during nap times and once during the night. Should I be concerned? He's been doing so well!
Post a Comment