Yesterday was Jon & I's 8 year anniversary! So crazy that we have been together that long. We ended up getting a babysitter (or rather having friends watch our kids. Thank you Sole and Chance:) and went to Morton's Steakhouse (yes, I forgot my camera!) If you are ever in Vegas and love steak, let me tell you, this is the place to go! Absolutely fabulous! I LOVE good food/steaks. After I married Jon I just got so incredibly spoiled b/c of his love for good meat. I can't eat top sirloin unless it is in the crock pot for like a week and is shredded and seasoned for fajitas or something. Yesterday was kind of a hard day with the boys so it was really nice to get away for a few hours and do something I love; eat! We just enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. It is a pretty "LATTY DA" type place. When you walk in the guy greets you in his full on tux. They pull out your chairs to seat you. They pretty much wait on you hand and foot! It was a nice change for me since that is what I do at home :) This year he actually got me a card! I love cards but Jon isn't much of a card giver. The card was of course hilarious! Two squirrels are holding hands: It's our anniversary and every year you just get better and better. OPEN THE CARD: Probably b/c you have someone so good to practice with! So typical! If you have read my 7 things about me blog you already know how much I love this man! He is my rock no matter how crazy he is :)
My whole life I have always tried not to be "mushy" It makes me feel a little uncomfortable when people feel this need to make EVERYTHING so emotionally involved. But, the older I get the softer I become. I have never, ever thought of myself as a hopeless romantic type. But the following commercial brings tears almost every time--and Jon is always on the couch next to me, watching and smiling b/c he knows I am about to cry or throw something at him b/c he's laughing. I know diamonds are a total superficial way to express your love but last year for my birthday I got diamond earrings! And let me tell you, it felt like a genuine expression of love to me! The happiness on the girls face in this commercial kind of reminds me of how happy I am to be in love (even if I only have small diamonds j/k:) How happy I am to have a wonderful husband who respects and loves me. No husband and wife relationship is perfect, I can attest to that. But what is perfect is your love(this is seriously way to mushy but must be said) All the other little parts of your relationship can at times feel tainted but the fact still remains that you are bound together by your deep love for each other.
So here is my most favorite commercial EVER! It is sappy but it reminds me of happiness and how we should try to have that
with us always. Click on the link below:
A DIAMOND IS FOREVER
12.19.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Thanks for your previous post reminding me that I cant to everything. . . there is so much going on this time of year! It's crazy! Merry Christmas!
Happy Anniversary!
Hooray for being in love!
MMMmmm, my mouth is watering for a good steak now. That is a really sweet story about you and Jon, I can see why you love that commercial so much :)
Happy Anniversary to one darling couple!
Post a Comment