I fell off the face of the blogger sphere planet! I have had a lot of things going on lately and I was really trying to get caught up and "get it together"...........but I started to feel totally overwhelmed with life! It is so discouraging trying to do everything and still getting nothing done. I came to the conclusion that I just can't do it all! I was feeling so overwhelmed with all the things in my life that I needed/wanted to do, that I kind of lost sight of what I should be doing..........taking one step at a time and not worrying about what I haven't done already. I wish I had a copy of the talk that someone gave in church today! It was exactly what I needed to hear. It was about realizing what your best is and then letting the Lord meet you the rest of the way! Every one's best is different etc.... We were having our Christmas program today and I was conducting the choir and it took everything for me not to bawl my eyes out right b/f we had to sing our next song. What she said touched my life at so many different levels. So a word of happiness to all: "YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING. JUST DO YOUR BEST." How simple is that? But yet so difficult to believe. But I have been working through a lot of things and I am trying to do the best I can. And that is really what matters the most! To do the best you can and let the Lord meet you the rest of the way. Case closed:)
The following is some the "oh so exciting" parts of my life that you missed when I was busy "getting it together"!
12.17.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm so glad you're back :). I love reading your blog and seeing what you have been up to. You seem to be keeping busy enough! It will probably just get worse over the next week or two. I know I will be busier. Can't wait to visit!
For supposedly "not having it together" it looks like you were busy having a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing and welcome back! :o)
I think we all feel this way sometimes; defeated by all there is or could be done - when really we can't do it all. I loved that talk too, and I've heard many people say they needed it. You did a great job leading us in the program Summer! You're doing awesome!
YAH Summer! You are FINALLY back!!
Post a Comment